Stoicon is an annual conference on applying Stoicism to the everyday challenges of modern living. If you’re interested in Stoic philosophy, whatever your background or occupation, this conference is meant for you. Our aim is to make Stoic philosophy accessible to everyone by highlighting its practical relevance to the everyday challenges people face in different aspects of modern life.
Stoicon 2017 will take place in Toronto, Canada, on Saturday 14th October. See the Stoicon 2017 page for more information.
The first Stoicon took place in London, England, in 2014. Previous speakers include:
- Prof. Christopher Gill, author of The Structured Self in Hellenistic and Roman Thought, The Discourses of Epictetus, The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius with Selected Correspondence
- Dr. John Sellars, author of Stoicism, The Art of Living, and The Routledge Handbook of the Stoic Tradition
- Emily Wilson, author of Seneca: A Life
- Jules Evans, author of Philosophy for Life and Other Dangerous Situations
- Tim LeBon, author of Wise Therapy
- Prof. Massimo Pigliucci, author of How to be a Stoic
- Elen Buzare, author of Stoic Spiritual Exercises
- Donald Robertson, author of Stoicism and the Art of Happiness, and The Philosophy of CBT: Stoic Philosophy as Rational and Cognitive Psychotherapy
- Prof. Angie Hobbs, author of Plato and the Hero