In 2018, Stoicon returns to London, after two years away in North America.
Stoicon is scheduled for Saturday 29th September, and will take place in the University of London’s Senate House, in Bloomsbury, with the generous support of the Institute of Philosophy and the Institute of Classical Studies of the University of London.
We are pleased to announce that our keynote speaker will be:
- Professor A. A. Long, without doubt the leading scholar of Stoicism in the English-speaking world during the last fifty years
Other speakers include:
- Professor Catharine Edwards, Roman historian and noted expert of Seneca
- Antonia Macaro, author of More than Happiness: Buddhist and Stoic Wisdom for a Sceptical Age
- Kai Whiting, who works on Stoicism and sustainability, and has written for the Stoicism Today blog
- Dr Liz Gloyn, Classicist and author of a recent book on Seneca, The Ethics of the Family in Seneca
- Dr Piotr Stankiewicz, from the University of Warsaw and a member of the Modern Stoicism team
There will also be a series of workshops. Workshop leaders will include Donald Robertson, Tim Le Bon, Chris Gill & Gabrielle Galluzzo, Greg Sadler & Andi Sciacca, Walter Matweychuk, and Greg Lopez.
There are a number of Hotels near the venue where one can book accommodation if required. The Imperial Hotels group run a number of large hotels, including The Tavistock Hotel and The Royal National Hotel. A range of smaller hotels are located on Bedford Place, including The Penn Club.
For any questions about the event you can email us via Stoicon2018@gmail.com. Tickets won’t be released until much nearer the time, but if you would like to come do save the date!