Note: This event is FREE to attend. A donation in any amount will also give you access to the recording after the event.
Attendance at this event is open to everyone.
Date: Sun 25th April, 12pm EST
Tickets: Payment by donation, amount of your choosing
Format: Zoom (video recordings available later to donating attendees)
Duration: Approx. 3 hours of talks (plus breaks)
All profits (surplus) from this event will be donated to the Modern Stoicism nonprofit organization, which promotes discussion of Stoic philosophy and carries out research on its potential benefits, and to the Aurelius Foundation.
- Introduction, Christopher Gill, emeritus professor of Ancient Thought, Exeter University, editor of Marcus Aurelius: Meditations, Books 1-6 (OUP)
- Core Ideas of Marcus’ Stoicism, John Sellars, author of Marcus Aurelius (Routledge).
- The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, Robin Waterfield, editor of Meditations: The Annotated Edition (Basic Books)
- Marcus Aurelius, the Man, Donald Robertson, author of How to Think Like a Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius (St Martins)
- Perspective: The Modern Relevance of Marcus Aurelius and the Meditations for Professional Women, Sukhraj Gill and Lori Huica discussion with Justin Stead, founder of the Aurelius Foundation